- According to Crunchbase’s annual survey, Middle East’s UAE-based food Delivery start-up LUNCH: ON, the sole company to be ranked in the list and being touted as amongst top 50 hot tech companies globally.
The coveted start-up has recently closed upon a $4 million Series, a top-notch round deal, thus, bringing the total funding received since the firm’s inception to a staggering $6million.
All the global companies in the Crunchbase’s Survey were ranked according to: –
- Their net funding as well as Investment activity it cashed upon.
- The net output, performance in the past six months as well as present the firm’s condition.
- Prevailing Industrial trends.
- All companies that were on list banked upon $$5 million and $20 million investments in the last six months.
The firm LUNCH:ON was co-founded by Mohammad Al Zaben and Dana Baki in the year 2016. Operating as a virtual canteen for the companies, they partner with the local restaurants across the region offering corporates, and their employees curated meals, delivered to the office, at discounted prices. The Company presently works around with 200 of Dubai’s favourite restaurants delivering and catering to more than 500 significant firms across UAE.
According to the statement of LUNCH:ON co-founder Mohammad Al Zaben, “The year 2019 has been proving as a fascinating and happening phase for LUNCH:ON, as: –
- They did not just have had closed their series A round, but as well have witnessed remarkable week-on-week growth.
- Expansion into the Newer-markets.
- A perfect launching pad for their hugely successful new product features, such as their LUNCH:ON Pro subscription”.
LUNCH:ON has recently got another feather in its cap as it has been selected by Endeavour, the world’s most exclusive network for entrepreneurs and start-ups, for joining its community base comprising upon high-impact entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, and business leaders, which thus, has embarked upon recently a series of high-profile recognitions for this swiftly-growing company.
According to Forbes Middle East’s list of “Top 100 Start-ups in The Middle East during 2018”, LUNCH:ON firm was ranked 60th. The food-tech sector, Hospitality, and Travel sectors are the most sought growing sectors across the region. According to a recent survey and report conducted by Gulfood global industry outlook, “The F&B sales are poised to surge ahead from $145 billion previous years to $171 billion in MENA region within 2023.”