African countries are brimming with potential as investment in technology infrastructure is seen as a very important catalyst for economic and social transformation in the region. Big Data presents incredible opportunities in the sub-continent. With that in mind, leading conferences and events organiser, Tradepass has launched a highly insightful and interactive virtual gathering for Big Data & Analytics gurus in the region, BYTES ’21: LIVE – Africa on 20 – 21 April 2021.
African governments have taken great strides in order to implement technological as well as policy prerequisites to aid bigger impact of Big Data. Despite the setbacks from COVID-19, the Africa’s digital economy is on track to expand in the coming years, transforming the way businesses and government function.
More than 1500 data analytics and CX leaders from 350+ public and private enterprises in Africa will attend BYTES ’21 – Africa to connect and learn how to apply advanced data science techniques to unlock the benefit and turn their large and complex datasets into actionable insights within their business operations.
In line with Africa’s commitment to developing innovative approaches and new models of collaboration for digital transformation, His Excellency Dr. Ahmedin Mohammed (PhD), State Minister of Ministry of Innovation and Technology in Ethiopia will highlight his vision towards implementing Ethiopia’s digital transformational plan at this exclusive conference.
“The Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MiNT) aims to build a digital economy by implementing digital practices and building the capacity of relevant stakeholders along the way.”
“BYTES ’21 – Africa will empower big data and AI technologies innovation and play a major role in bringing together regional and global industry leaders, top-notch tech companies and influential government officials to connect in a constructive, open-dialogue environment to explore solutions for issues hindering the big data and AI innovation”, says, Dr. Ahmedin Mohammed.
Sudhir Jena, CEO, Tradepass is of the opinion, “this is an important milestone in our journey to host the biggest influential and virtual meeting point in Africa with the support of Ministry of Innovation and Technology. Moreover, the launch of BYTES ’21 in Africa stands to create a global data science ecosystem for every data and analytics professionals, with Africa positioned as the destination of choice with proactive initiative as ‘Digital Ethiopia Strategy 2025’.”
Key solution providers who have booked virtual booths to showcase their solutions are Automation Anywhere, Talkwalker, Titus, Minitab and more.
Topics of discussion include, ‘how big data can solve Africa’s biggest challenges’, ‘the principles to build healthy data-driven organisations using data science mindset’, ‘4 key pillars to fostering a data-driven culture’, ‘the growing role of AI and Big Data in healthcare’, ‘how will AI take predictive analytics to the next level’, ‘turning your enterprise data into intelligence (Power of Analytics), and many more.
Some of the high-level speakers joining the summit include:
- H.E. Dr. Ahmedin Mohammed, State Minister, Ministry of Innovation and Technology, Ethiopia
- Krishma Singla, Head of Global Data & Analytics, HSBC
- Anurag Harsh, Group Chief Data Officer, LafargeHolcim
- Bhavesh Talesara, Principal Information & Data Architect, Sasol
- Hartnell Ndungi, Chief Data Officer, Absa Bank
- Paul Stemmet, Chief Data Officer, Dentsu
- Raymond Mahlangu, Group Chief Data Officer, Alexander Forbes
- Emmanuel Lubowa, Head of Business Analytics, Airtel Africa
- Moloko Komane, Executive Head of Business Advisory, The MultiChoice Group
- Emmanuel Osanga, Head, Data Office – African Regions, Standard Bank Group
- Victor Asila, Head – Data Science, Absa Bank
- Jacky Mampana, Head of Data, Analytics and Insights, Hollard Insurance
- Dino Bernicchi, Head of Data Science, HomeChoice International
- Victor Adewusi, Director – Data & Analytics, Equity Bank
- Mathabo Puseletso, Data Design Authority Lead, Sasol
- David Nyamai, Head of Big Data and Business Analytics, Safaricom
- Ashish Singru, Senior Director & Head, Global Business Analytics Center, eBay
- Ahmed Samir Roshdy, Lead Data Scientist, Vodafone
- Paul Morley, Executive – Group Data Services, Nedbank
- Sunny Ndubuisi Okonkwo, Head Business Data Analytics and Operations Performance, Ikeja Electric
- Sriram Narayanan, Vice President, Africa & RoW, Automation Anywhere
- Martin Kariithi, Head of Data Analytics, ICEA Lion Group
- Nollie Maoto, Executive Head: Business Intelligence, Analytics, Planning and Monitoring, FNB South Africa
Trusted Media Partner for extensive digital promotions– International Business Magazine.
About the organiser: Tradepass provides elite business networking platforms across Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and Europe that connects the world of tech buyers with market intelligence, insightful use-cases, and innovative solutions from global experts, investors, and business partners.
We believe in the relentless pursuit of breakthrough innovation, and the diversity of our backgrounds, knowledge and experience to answer the various questions facing every business today – from Big Data & Analytics, financial innovation, artificial intelligence to new forms of smart data and digital transformation – all with a focus of ‘transforming global businesses’.