African countries are brimming with potential as investment in technology infrastructure is seen as a very important catalyst for economic and social transformation in the region. This opens doors for an increasing number of cyber risks which can become an obstacle in the path of the total digital transformation in these countries. According to recent reports, phishing and ransomware attacks will continue to be top concerns for this year.
It is of utmost importance for leaders from the cyber security industry from all over Africa come together on one platform to understand the need-of-the-hour for organizations across verticals as cybercrime figures continue to rise in the sub-continent.
With that as the background, this 4th and 5th of May, one of Africa’s foremost events on cyber security, CyFrica 2021 is virtually providing a platform for experts from the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) – Nigeria, Computer Emergency Response Team of Mauritius (CERT-MU), World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations (UN) and more to have insightful discussions on topics such as Cyber Security and post COVID -19, Diplomacy in Cyberspace, Addressing and Embracing the New Normal, Shaping Up Cloud Security, Protection against Big Breaches, etc.
Over the past two editions, numerous experts from the field of IT and cyber security, representing some of the top public and private enterprises from across the sub-continent, came together to share their insights and take part in fruitful networking break-out sessions.
The 3rd Edition of CyFrica is gathering over 2000 IT and cyber security leaders including CISOs, CTOs, CIOs and heads of cyber security from 350+ enterprises, along with the support of 30+ top influential speakers and 20+ global cyber security solution providers – all with a focus on ‘creating a cyber safe Africa’.
Here’s what the stellar speaker line-up for the event looks like-
- Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi, Director general/CEO, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Dr. Mohamad Amin Hasbini, Head of Reasearch Center META, Kaspersky
- Michael Byrnes, Director Solutions Engineering IMEA, BeyondTrust
- Dr. Kaleem Ahmed Usmani, Head, Computer Emergency Response Team of Mauritius (CERT-MU)
- Anna Collard, SVP Content Strategy and Evangelist, KnowBe4 Africa
- Andrew Tsonchev, Director of Technology, Darktrace
- Harrison Nnaji, CISO, FirstBank Nigeria
- Issam El Haddioui, Head of Security Engineering – Africa, Check Point Software Technologies
- Dave Meltzer, CTO, Tripwire
- Oriyomi Fowler, Group Head – Information Security and Network Operations, Dangote Group
- Hisham Mohamed, CISO, Emirates NBD
- Philip Aiwekhoe, CISO, NPF Microfinance Bank
- Collins Oduor, Information Security Officer, United Nations
- Lehan van den Heever, Enterprise Cyber Security Advisor, Kaspersky
- Flavio Aggio, CISO, World Health Organization
- Shiraz Valji, Consulting Engineer, Fortinet
- Augusto Barros, VP of Solutions, Securonix
- Prasanna Kumar Burri, Group CIO, Dangote Group
- Ravi Baldev, Manager, Systems Engineering, Dell Technologies – DPS Division
- Thom Langford, Security Advocate, SentinelOne
- A Karthik, Chief Evangelist, ManageEngine
- Joylynn Kirui, Principal Cyber Security Assurance Officer, Safaricom
- Faheem Ali, CRO, Musoni Microfinance
- Daniel Adaramola, CISO, Unity Bank
- Bharat Soni, CISO, GT Bank
- Fene Osakwe, Director, Group IT-GRC & Strategy, IHS Towers
Some of the eminent cyber security solution providers from the industry like Kaspersky, Check Point Software, Fortinet, Securonix, KnowBe4, BeyondTrust, Darktrace, Tripwire, Micro Focus, Dell Technologies, SentinelOne, ManageEngine, Redington Value and Acronis have booked virtual booths to showcase their latest solutions at this exclusive virtual conference.
For more information, visit www.cyfricasummit.com
Media Contact: Aritrika Chakraborty
Trusted Media Partner for extensive digital promotions– International Business Magazine.
About the organizer:
Tradepass provides elite business networking platforms across Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and Europe that connects the world of tech buyers with market intelligence, insightful use-cases, and innovative solutions from global experts, investors, and business partners.
We believe in the relentless pursuit of breakthrough innovation, and the diversity of our backgrounds, knowledge and experience to answer the various questions facing every business today – from Big Data & Analytics, financial innovation, artificial intelligence to new forms of smart data and digital transformation – all with a focus of ‘transforming global businesses’.