With the prime objective of bolstering the Abu-Dhabi’s Digital economy as well as start-up ecosystem, there is a mutual collaboration between ADIO (Abu-Dhabi’s Investment Office) as well as ADQ (formerly known as Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company) and that is also the largest holding companies of the emirate.
The venture fund that, is invested within the start-ups as well as Venture Capitals (VC) funds across Emirates will now be an integral part of ADQ’s broader venture capital programme.
Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO) has transferred its AED535 million ($145.7m) Ventures Fund, a flagship Ghadan 21 initiative, to ADQ.
The ADIO And ADQ Collaboration: –
- This innovative collaboration taking place between ADIO and ADQ highlights the mutual transfer of Venture Funds to ADQ, a direct holding enterprise that initiates direct-indirect investments within private (Non-Oil) Units.
- Both enterprises can simultaneously take huge benefits regarding Abu Dhabi’s digital infrastructure, advanced governing framework as well as research and development drives.
- With primary objective of formation of relevant schemes for bolstering Abu-Dhabi’s enterprises with the perfect blend of equity investments as well as incentives, ADQ as holding firm is expected to be mainly in charge of urging the equity investments in early-stage companies as well as VC funds, while ADIO will manage the administration of incentives as well as other forms of active support.
- With an overall fund size aggregating staggering $145.7 Million (AED 535 Million), this Venture Fund in turn drives the nations Innovation with providing aid to the enterprises at an early stage of expansion by aiding them in form of seed capital to budding start-ups and venture capital (VC) funds.
- Mohamed Hassan Alsuwaidi, CEO regarding ADQ, stated that “The combination over where ADQ or ADIO be able offer after early-stage start-ups is powerful and strategic. We are each committed in accordance with nurturing the development concerning cutting-edge technologies and options to advance Abu Dhabi’s innovation ecosystem then increase Abu Dhabi’s position so a surprisingly raised or modern economy.”
- Dr Tariq bin Hendi, director-general on ADIO, said: “We are big according to advice the financial have an effect on the Ventures Fund has committed so far. With ADIO and ADQ cause together, modern early-stage businesses pleasure nowadays has new possibilities so properly as get right of entry to the capital then networks, they need in imitation of realize their ambitions into the emirate then globally.”
Ventures Fund helps start-ups: –
Set above through Abu Dhabi’s accelerator program, Ghadan 21, the Ventures Fund has in the meanwhile committed around $54.5 Million in imitation of more than 15 companies and portfolio given that its launch between May 2019.
The Ventures Fund focuses on the creation of Equity and savings investments within international start-ups then VC firms, which enhances Abu Dhabi’s science sector.
$13.6B accelerator program: –
Ghadan 21, a $13.6 billion-fund launched by Abu Dhabi for a three-year period, was launched by means of Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince over Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander over the UAE Armed Forces then Chairman on the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, in 2019. Other initiatives underneath Ghadan 21 encompass international tech start-up ecosystem Hub71, ADIO’s AED 1 billion AgTech Incentive Programme, as well as the Abu Dhabi Instant License.